From time to time, we all need a little pep in our step! Our daily routines can become so robotic that we often forget the reasons why we are actually doing what we do! Here at Arthur Murray, we are all about going for it, as well as encouraging our students to go for it too! How do we do it? Well, we drink a lot of “dunks” (Dunkin’ Donuts) and we live by Arthur Murray’s following mantras!
- You can do anything you put your mind to. You can achieve amazing things if put the time and work in. Arthur Murray knew he wanted to change people’s lives through dance; so he did. You don’t need a 10 year plan. All you need is a vision. If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
- Believe in yourself first. Once you start believing in yourself, watch how many other people follow. Confidence is key, whether you are on the dance floor or in the meeting room. Don’t be afraid to show it! Take ownership, take chances and always put your best foot forward!
- Never stop learning. Whether it is a group class, practice party, or one-on-one lesson, you should never stop being a student! Some of the most talented dance professionals in the world still count on their technique classes because they know there is always something more to learn or improve on. Make the most of every class, critique, and opportunity that comes your way!
- Fake it ‘til you make it. There will come a time when you have absolutely no idea what you are doing! We have all been there! It doesn’t mean that you should just crawl up in the corner and cry though! Take what you know and roll with it! Believe in yourself so much that people have no reason to doubt you. Ultimately, your passion and dedication is what matters the most!
- Don’t give up. Say it with me…DON’T GIVE UP! Bill Gates, Oprah Windfrey, Einstein and even Arthur Murray all failed countless times before they finally got it right. What would have happened if one of them would have just gave up?! There is no elevator to success. Being a great dancer, CEO or doctor is hard work! If you love what you do, don’t ever stop doing your thing!